Top 5 Breakfast Restaurants in Asheville
David’s TOP 5 Breakfast Restaurants in Asheville
I have lived in Asheville for 16 years now and if there is one thing I know, we make some great food around here! Breakfast is no exception. Below I have listed my top 5 breakfast places and I will put my list up against anyone’s. While everyone may not have the same tastes that I do, all of these great places will have something to offer even for the most discriminating of taste buds.
1) Mayfels- Being from the Gulf Coast Region originally, I can't resist a good New Orleans style breakfast. If you feel the same, Mayfel's on College St downtown is the place to go. My staple is the Crab Cake Benedict (Mountains to Sea) with Parmesan Grits, or Homefries, and a Bloody Mary...don't judge! If Eggs Benedict isn't your thing try the Crawfish Omelette, but always get the Bloody Mary you won't regret it!!!
2) Over Easy- While the menu here changes often because Over Easy has a strong focus on local and seasonal ingredients, there will always be a great breakfast awaiting. This place fills up fast so it is good to get there early (hours are 8am-2pm Monday-Sunday). I will usually have whatever omelet sounds good to me that morning, but I will always get a freshly made apple juice!
3) Rise & Shine- Here I usually order the breakfast sandwich, with 2 eggs cheese and sausage. They also serve fantastic coffee from Dynamite Roasting Company in Black Mountain. This place is a hit with North Asheville crowd!
4) Tupelo Honey- I am definitely ordering the shrimp and grits if I am here, along with a side of fried green tomatoes! Their goat cheese grits are well known in Asheville and I can see why…you will too!
5) Biscuit Head- At Biscuit Head I am ordering the Mimosa Fried Chicken Biscuit or the Cajun Benedict. Both of these entrees are served with a GIGANTIC biscuit, hence the name, and locally sourced jams and jellies. While this place stays packed most anytime, it is definitely worth the wait!
There you have it! You can’t go wrong with any of these restaurants. All have a slightly different vibe; however the one thing they definitely have in common is a fantastic breakfast experience!!!